This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Neil Kaplan At 'Animation On Display' and 'MegaCon'

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Neil Kaplan At 'Animation On Display' and 'MegaCon'

Postby Raymond T. » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Only a handful of people in the world can say that they have voiced Optimus Prime. One of these people is Transformers Robots In Disguise Voice Actor Neil Kaplan. And you have the chance to meet him in the coming months at the following two events.

The Animation Convention "Animation On Display" will be held on February 16th and 17th 2008 in San Francisco, CA. Guests include Neil Kaplan and Comic book writer Marv Wolfman.

The MegaCon Comicbooks convention will be held on March 7th through the 9th in Orlando, FL. Aside from a whole host of comicbook talent, Guests include William Morgan Sheppard who played Captain Archibald Witwicky in Michael Bay's Transformers and (again) Neil Kaplan. If you intend to swing by on March 9th, do not forget to wish the Robots In Disguise star a happy birthday!
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Re: Neil Kaplan At 'Animation On Display' and 'MegaCon'

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I don't care what anyone else thinks, his performance as Prime was just Prime. He was perfect as the U.S. Fire Convoy, no one else was needed for the role, just him.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Raymond T. » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I don't care what anyone else thinks, his performance as Prime was just Prime. He was perfect as the U.S. Fire Convoy, no one else was needed for the role, just him.
Neil Kaplan is my favorite Optimus Prime Voice actor only second to Peter Cullen. I can tell you he is a great guy. The guy is funny and talented. I can assure you it will be worth your time to go and meet him.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby Keeperofthespark » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 pm

I really liked Kaplan's take on Prime. He's my second favorite Prime deffinatley.
Keeperofthespark
Fuzor

Postby Silent_Magnus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Raymond T. wrote:Neil Kaplan is my favorite Optimus Prime Voice actor only second to Peter Cullen. I can tell you he is a great guy. The guy is funny and talented. I can assure you it will be worth your time to go and meet him.

well there's not really any competition seeing as there are only four prime actor's.(unless I'm mistaken)

not counting the convoys obviously.
Kaplan is my favorite next to Chalk's Primal
Silent_Magnus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:14 am

I may go to this I was talking to a freind about it and its about 2 hours away from me
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby OptitronPrime » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:03 am

He beats Gary Chalk any day
Want List:Armada Skywarp, Cybertron Thunderblast, Energon Dreadwing or Mirage.
OptitronPrime
Combiner

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Insecticons Cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers G1 Titan Guardians Vinyl Action Figure 6" Hasbro"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEETLE Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
BEETLE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210502 7RI (CA) Guidry"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Machines Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transmetal 2 SPITTOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete 1999 230821A"
Transmetal 2 SPITT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON