This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF3: Detroit Wraps, Space Coast Filming Begins, DC Next, & International Details Under Wraps

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

TF3: Detroit Wraps, Space Coast Filming Begins, DC Next, & International Details Under Wraps

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:17 pm

There have been a number of updates the last few days about the filiming of Transformers 3, Michael Bay's latest and last film in his Transformers "trilogy", including new images from the final days in Detroit, information about the filming in Florida and Washington DC, and a message of regarding the secrecy surrounding the film's international locations. There may be some minor spoilers below so proceed with caution.

On Monday, Tyrese Gibson confirmed on his Twitter page that the filming in the Motor City has officially come to a close. His tweet reads:

"Detroit.... Were ALL DONE in your town.. God bless you ALL we were ALL treated with the best of respect and love... "

On the same day, Tyrese also posted a very cool image on Twitter of him with Optimus Prime's driver from all three films.

The photo caption reads: "Ladies and Gents this is the guy thats been driving Optimus Prime in Transformers for ALL 3 Movies.. Wow!!"

Additionally, more images of the final days of filming there have been posted to the Transformers Live Action Movie Blog, again by member J1000. A few of the images can been seen below.

One interesting detail from J1000's post is that staff members on set confirmed to him that the thruster section prop we've seen in many previous pictures will be a Decepticon ship. From the post:

"She said it would take place 18 floors up, when Sam would jump onto the ship, and the bluescreen would be replaced with Chicago skyline. Another crew member said "Did you guys see the Decepticon ship?"

This of course is still not yet official and we still do not know whether this "ship" will be a character or stand alone vehicle so treat this as a rumor for now.

Click here to view all the entire album and read more details.

With filming completed in Detroit, the crew has moved on to Florida to begin their work along the state's "Space Coast". The filming started today, September 29th, and is expected to run through October 5th. The Walton Sun, the local paper in Fort Walton Beach, reports that filming will take place at Northwest Florida Regional Airport and Hurlburt Field. In the article, a spokesperson for the Air Force Special Ops Command at Hurlburt Field says:

"They’ll be showcasing Air Force personnel as well as the CV-22 Osprey on Wednesday (today). The filming is not open to the public, the media or base personnel.”

No details yet on whether any of the main cast members will be part of the filming there. However, given that the crew is staying at the La Quinta Inn during the shoot, it's highly unlikely that Rosie or Shia will be spotted.

Once filming wraps Florida, the TF3 crew will be packing up and moving on to Washington DC. From local website TBD.com, we're starting to get more details about Bay's invasion of the Nation's capital. In the article, Josh Friedman, a spokesman for the D.C. film office, says:

"It looks like Transformers 3 is now locked in for the week of October 11. Mostly the same locations as previously reported, but there are a few items that are still being finalized. Once all of the details are locked in, in the next few days, public notifications (traffic alerts, etc.) will be going on from various agencies with more information."

The article also goes on to speculate that a few of the locations in DC will include the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and the Red Cross building. Expect to hear more here once details are finalized and filming begins.

And finally, after filming wraps in the US, the crew is expected to travel to several international locations to complete principle photography. In the spring, Michael Bay had mentioned filming in Africa, China, and Russia. However, in response to a post asking about specific location details on ShootfortheEdit.com, site admin Nelson posted:

"International locations and dates are not being released due to security issues."

Hopefully when filming overseas begins, saavy fans will post some pictures and details so we can confirm where these locations are.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: TF3: Detroit Wraps, Space Coast Filming Begins, DC Next, & International Details Under Wraps

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
F*K!!!!!! Why does it have to be on a monday for DC? Damnit, at first they said September 27th, and that was on a friday, then they change **** so I cant go. Another example of how much life hates me. :evil:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: TF3: Detroit Wraps, Space Coast Filming Begins, DC Next, & International Details Under Wraps

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 pm

I've been pretty amazed at just how cool these guys are to the locals. They seem very accessible and very willing to take pictures, sign autographs, etc. Love or hate his films, Bay's production and crew seems to be top notch.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Liftgate » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
SlyTF1 wrote:F*K!!!!!! Why does it have to be on a monday for DC? Damnit, at first they said September 27th, and that was on a friday, then they change **** so I cant go. Another example of how much life hates me. :evil:

It dosn't hate you, it just wants you to call in sick or something. Perhaps you'll be puking that day, or have diarrhea? ::wink:: Just tell your boss you were spending quality time in the bathroom and I guarantee they'll ask no further questions!
Liftgate
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby TFIta369 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Motto: "What´s done can´t be undone"
Weapon: Pulse Missle Cannons
Dagnabbit!!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: be SHOCKWAVE !!!!!!!!! weird ship thruster thingy!
Crashdown was here.
TFIta369
Mini-Con
Watch TFIta369 on YouTube
Buy from TFIta369 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:44 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Liftgate wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:F*K!!!!!! Why does it have to be on a monday for DC? Damnit, at first they said September 27th, and that was on a friday, then they change **** so I cant go. Another example of how much life hates me. :evil:

It dosn't hate you, it just wants you to call in sick or something. Perhaps you'll be puking that day, or have diarrhea? ::wink:: Just tell your boss you were spending quality time in the bathroom and I guarantee they'll ask no further questions!

Actually, its school.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210541 40B (CA) Brokenshire"
TRANSFORMERS #40 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118C"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 FCBD IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Figueroa 200530A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 1A (A/CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0723IM803 4E (CA) Martinez (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 240427B"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 9A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ALL H ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON