This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Ongoing #15- Five Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Ongoing #15- Five Page Preview

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
IDW Publishing has posted their next Transformers comic preview for us to share with all of you Seibertronians out there. "The Revenge of the Decepticons Part 2: Altered Carbon" features a very new Megatron design, and according to the tagline below, a story you won't want to miss.

Mike Costa (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Figueroa, Nick Roche (c)The most dangerous Decepticon in the universe is back... but not in a way anyone expected. What has happened to Megatron in his years away, and what is his plan for his enemies? Costa and Figueroa reveal all, as the darkest chapter since ALL HAIL MEGATRON continues!*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.FC • 32 pages • $3.99

You can view the five page preview below thanks to IDWpublishing.com. Run, don't walk, to your local comic shop this Wednesday, January 5th to nab this book.

Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Ongoing #15- Five Page Preview

Postby victoryconvoy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm

i really wish furman was back on this book.I can"t seem to get in to it now a days.The one thing we have to look foward to now is at least megatron is backso lets see if things pick up
victoryconvoy
Combiner

Postby sabrigami » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Wow, 3 pages of a news report again? I thought Costa was getting a bit better at this. It's really sad when even Sonic the hedgehog comics are more fun to read and have more story than TFs these days :-( I'll still read it when I get the chance, but so far It's not looking like an improvement.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby mattyc1007 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Motto: "You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Hungry"
Weapon: Sword
Soundwave is so totally like "ME? Mwa?"

Transform and Chill Out!

Couldnt Resist (Check Em Out!)

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=48806

Don't delete me, not my fault I only log in every eon :(
mattyc1007
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch mattyc1007 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 93 Talbot Express
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Alright, I'm gonna say this as delicately as possible. Costa needs to either retire or move to Marvel and **** up their comic books.

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby geterman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Motto: "Neither Impossible, Nor impossible"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I liked this issue. Explained alot about what had happened to Megatron after all hail and what exactly is up with the Megatron guns. Can't wait until next issue.
geterman
Micromaster
Watch geterman on YouTube
Buy from geterman on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Orin_Thomas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Furman knew his story arcs and was adept at placing something down in one issue only to pick it up and use it 10 issues later. He also kept the pace fairly tight. There is some interesting stuff going on in the book (I do want to find out what has happened, especially to Rodimus and Galvatron), but everything seems to have bogged down on earth for no particularly good reason. At the very start of the IDW run the Autobots accepted that earth was going to go the way of all other Decepticon conquests throughout the galaxy and be wiped out. Now they just sort of seem stuck here. Why does Megatron keep coming back? Why these endless stories about Skywatch?
Orin_Thomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby zer0das » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

There's a coloring error on page 5. Megatron's arm is colored as though it was Starscream's. Adding insult to injury.

:CON:
Ebay: audreyandscottltd
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby Stormwolf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 am

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Like the previous issue I won't be buying this.

I want something that actually resembles a TF comic.
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 am

What I want to know is...

How is there a Megatron head on Earth that they are making the guns from, and how is there a Megatron with a head up in space? Regeneration?
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Pyrostrata » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
*sighs* Yet again, we get a 5-page preview that is only 3 pages of comics and 2 pages of humans being douchey. Methinks they are getting the hint that we don't like the bot-art and make us BUY the comic to see Transformers...only to be disappointed and sickened with Don's BSC art.

Until Don either changes his art style or IDW tosses him off the project, my money will not be handed over for this title. It is, and always will be, unacceptable.
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:38 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
This art is bad.

I like the movie designs and style in the movie universe. Get this **** out of my G1.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby partholon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 am

deleated
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby partholon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 am

Orin_Thomas wrote:Furman knew his story arcs and was adept at placing something down in one issue only to pick it up and use it 10 issues later. He also kept the pace fairly tight. There is some interesting stuff going on in the book (I do want to find out what has happened, especially to Rodimus and Galvatron), but everything seems to have bogged down on earth for no particularly good reason. At the very start of the IDW run the Autobots accepted that earth was going to go the way of all other Decepticon conquests throughout the galaxy and be wiped out. Now they just sort of seem stuck here. Why does Megatron keep coming back? Why these endless stories about Skywatch?

IDW editorial

someone there thinks TF fans actually want to read stories about humans on earth, despite decades of much lauded stories that involve neither and a fan base that damn near creams itself when the notion of cybertron or alien world based stories rear their heads.

till this changes were stuck with this crap.

on the preview.

its actually quite good

ok its nothing i WANT to read about and have no intention of buying this but at least now theyre actually trying to address the more moronic aspects of the ongoings storyline.

but it does show up the sheer painfull pacing as its took 15 issues to get here and were STILL expected to buy people getting space guns off the internet with no problems or questions asked.

and once again we get a "transformers" preview with virtually NO transformers in it. just megs, who does - nothing - as theres no space left in the preview for him to do anything except talk about some bollocks to do with amonia.

this series is a lost cause to me.
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby morphobots » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:52 am

Sooooo . . . Hot Rod was blasted out into space with the Matrix, but there it is still around Starscream's neck on the cover? All right, it's a cover, meant to just garner interest, so I'll sort of let that slide. And I won't even say a word about how casually Megs shot said Hot Rod and said Matrix into space even though he was very enthusiastic about getting said Matrix (when Furman was writing) and made a point of telling Prime he was leaving Earth with it just before he was shot in the face.
But Megatron wants solitude so much to mull over his plans he can't put up with some ammonia gas hanging in the air??? And if he could get out of his chamber previously, why didn't he march straight to HQ and kick Starscream's ass out of his throne, injuries or not? He was waiting to look good in his new threads while he did it?? I know I'm showing my age here, but check out TF #6 from the old Marvel series to see how a critically injured Megs comes out of stasis and takes on Shockwave for usurping command from him. Yeah, he lost, but at least you saw some passion out of his character and a helluva lot of action as well.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:15 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Everytime they post a preview for IDW, all of the posters are replaced with whiny 5 year olds who's mommies may or may not know they are on the internet.

Seriously, what a ton of whiners. If you don't want to read it or don't like it, ignore it like any intelligent, sane, adult would. Crying about it on the internet is for babies so get over it.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am

First-Aid wrote:Everytime they post a preview for IDW, all of the posters are replaced with whiny 5 year olds who's mommies may or may not know they are on the internet.

Seriously, what a ton of whiners. If you don't want to read it or don't like it, ignore it like any intelligent, sane, adult would. Crying about it on the internet is for babies so get over it.

But we cry about everything over the internet. That's why it's here right? It wouldn't do me any good to cry to myself. :D

I actually just read the full issue. It's good. If DM does not review it, I will, but I am pretty sure he is working on it right now. Art aside, the writing here is good, and some recent things tie up nicely, with a few things obviously still hanging.

Lots answers to questions, including the comic cover with Starscream and the matrix and Soundwave, my question about Megatron, and lots more.

I was pleased when it was done, but that may be because my favorite Autobot bruiser is going solo next issue!!!!

Wish Don would go more traditional with his art.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
*dull surprise*
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 7

Postby morphobots » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:50 am

First-Aid wrote:Everytime they post a preview for IDW, all of the posters are replaced with whiny 5 year olds who's mommies may or may not know they are on the internet.

Hear-hear. Let us not use this website designed for the promotion and open discussion of a subject we hold near and dear to our hearts for the purpose it was intended. Let us log on here periodically, look at the shiny pictures, smile in agreement, and log off without uttering a discouraging word.
Perhaps we whine because we care. Not that it is G1, not that we are old farts or sniveling babies, but because in all incarnations of this brand "it is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem." A universe of magic and adventure which appealed to us in our younger days as strongly as Tolkien's or Lucas's creations did, the wonder of which we would like to pass on to our children and our future grandchildren, if it is not snuffed out by continual retcons, hack directors, and writers who think alien conflict on a galactic scale consists of sitting on your butt doing nothing but infighting for the better part of two years.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
All those humans look either stoned or like they JUST woke up in every panel.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Dagon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle

So, should we just be upset that we exist on said Internet as more or less anonymous people who are judged to be children by others because we don't share a single opinion? Or maybe we are children, who are misusing a discussion board as a place to exchange ideas and opinions, instead of its intended purpose as a place of singular opinion and mindless acceptance. Oh, and while we're at it, we can selectively enforce the concept that we are not valued as fans of a product, and that we are secondary units in the economic machine that promotes the buying of real-world valueless plastic to children, despite the fact that we purchase said plastic as well. Or maybe we just shouldn't enjoy and/or want something to enjoy out of something we, well, enjoy. But let us not forget to enlarge the front part of our jeans when a Throttlebot or other such who-cares-about'em character shows up in the pages of a comic, elated that 'someone cares about us as fans' in the midst of an industry that doens't acknowledge us because we are not the children we are purported to be on the Internet for not just accepting everything?
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
I think the most mature way to deal with internet hostility in regards to an attack on a proclaimed opinion is to ignore it. I mean... does any of these bits of pixelated words mean anything? no. Take and leave what you want. Simple. Unless you just wanna screw with people a bit... then by all means I can see the appeal, it can be amusing. Not like we can escape darwinism anyway.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Dagon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
MINDVVIPE wrote:. Not like we can escape darwinism anyway.

You are 100% correct. I just find it really tiresome that if you like/don't like something, it's clearly due to you being a child and/or neckbeard. It kind of lowers the collective value of the entire fandom.

Sorry, First-Aid.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Okay, first cover is of the worst Megatron in the franchise's history. Second cover looks like it's a pardoy fanart and third makes me cry for Sideswipe.

Seriously, this used to be good.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Vicalliose » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Dagon wrote:So, should we just be upset that we exist on said Internet as more or less anonymous people who are judged to be children by others because we don't share a single opinion? Or maybe we are children, who are misusing a discussion board as a place to exchange ideas and opinions, instead of its intended purpose as a place of singular opinion and mindless acceptance. Oh, and while we're at it, we can selectively enforce the concept that we are not valued as fans of a product, and that we are secondary units in the economic machine that promotes the buying of real-world valueless plastic to children, despite the fact that we purchase said plastic as well. Or maybe we just shouldn't enjoy and/or want something to enjoy out of something we, well, enjoy. But let us not forget to enlarge the front part of our jeans when a Throttlebot or other such who-cares-about'em character shows up in the pages of a comic, elated that 'someone cares about us as fans' in the midst of an industry that doens't acknowledge us because we are not the children we are purported to be on the Internet for not just accepting everything?

morphobots wrote:Hear-hear. Let us not use this website designed for the promotion and open discussion of a subject we hold near and dear to our hearts for the purpose it was intended. Let us log on here periodically, look at the shiny pictures, smile in agreement, and log off without uttering a discouraging word.
Perhaps we whine because we care. Not that it is G1, not that we are old farts or sniveling babies, but because in all incarnations of this brand "it is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem." A universe of magic and adventure which appealed to us in our younger days as strongly as Tolkien's or Lucas's creations did, the wonder of which we would like to pass on to our children and our future grandchildren, if it is not snuffed out by continual retcons, hack directors, and writers who think alien conflict on a galactic scale consists of sitting on your butt doing nothing but infighting for the better part of two years.

Finally some people who "get it" for once.

Gentlemen, I applaud you. I myself am too tired to write out a long argument like you two have. So in this case I shall simply say. "I could not have put it better myself." Thank you.
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr K 1:20 video packaging Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220551 1K"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #4 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics APR231621 4C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2024 JAN240055 118C"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT221751 4B (CA) Smith"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231486 4B (CA) Cardy"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr T 1:50 Dynamite Comics MAY230492 1T (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics FEB230331 5L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 SEP221732 3A (CA) Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr O 1:30 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230674 2O (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230475 1C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 APR231617 2E (CA) Lawson"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #141 Cvr D RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231411 141D Turtles Ongoing (CA)Smith"
TMNT #141 Cvr D RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 MAY231441 1D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231431 3A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON