This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Alternity Goldbug In-Hand Images

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Alternity Goldbug In-Hand Images

Postby El Duque » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Autobase Aichi has posted some in-hand images of the Asia exclusive Alternity A-03 Goldbug, which include comparison shots to the original Alternity A-03 Bumblebee. While this figure does feature a shiny new metalic gold paint job, it does not feature a resculpted head. Deal breaker? Take a look at the images mirrored below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Alternity Goldbug In-Hand Images

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:50 am

Weapon: Sword
It is too bad they did not remold the head. As it is, this is an easy pass for me.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby freaky777 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 am

Shiny, the gold paint app reminds me of Takara Animated BB. Looks really nice.. but come on some new molds of alternity would be cool!
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Lapse Of Reason wrote:It is too bad they did not remold the head. As it is, this is an easy pass for me.

... until a 3rd Party company comes with a new head for him, right? ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
LOL so it's Like Veiwing A Hasbro Product next to a Takara Product, accept their both Takara.
Tak-Ception?

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
What gets me is that he's going to be called "Goldbug" instead of "Goldback". I mean, among the likes of Convoy, Bumble, and Cliff, he's going to feel out of place with that Western name of his.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
This line reminds me why I stopped collecting Dub-City diecast cars. They just dont put out what I want.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby --B-- » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I guess you have to have it to like it, but just from pictures that looks like a terrible, terrible junky mold.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby jets » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:12 pm

He looks like he is wearing a big jock strap.
jets
Mini-Con
Buy from jets on eBay

Postby Blurrz » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
This mold has always had the aesthetics of a cow. Shiny paint was never going to help it.

With the first two final Alternity toys being mediocre at best, not sure we're even going to end up with Galvatron and Banzaitron in the end.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Blurrz wrote:This mold has always had the aesthetics of a cow. Shiny paint was never going to help it.

With the first two final Alternity toys being mediocre at best, not sure we're even going to end up with Galvatron and Banzaitron in the end.

yep
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Stormrider wrote:
Blurrz wrote:This mold has always had the aesthetics of a cow. Shiny paint was never going to help it.

yep

Darn, tootin'
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby alternator77 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
while i love this line and the amazing paint jobs on them you will not see me paying $75 for it. they will ofcourse go on sale just like magnus and then ill probably bite.its one of the few lines i look forward to completing this year.

as far as what others have said its true that head is pure laziness. at least put cliffjumpers head on it >:oP
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby dinogeist » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:59 pm

i'm still baffled why hasbro never sold these in america.

these aletrinity figures would have made great Human alliance deluxes. even if they couldn't jam a human inside the interior of the car. they could have included a human alliance basic robot with the 2 inch human & sold the set for around $15.99 to $19.99. SEEMS like a great idea for the 2012 trilogy movie verse toy line. they could even recolor the alternity figures & give them different persona names.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tidalwavex wrote:i'm still baffled why hasbro never sold these in america.

these aletrinity figures would have made great Human alliance deluxes. even if they couldn't jam a human inside the interior of the car. they could have included a human alliance basic robot with the 2 inch human & sold the set for around $15.99 to $19.99. SEEMS like a great idea for the 2012 trilogy movie verse toy line. they could even recolor the alternity figures & give them different persona names.
There's not as great a market in the West for these as there is in Japan. The U.S. TF market consists primarily of children, whereas the Japanese TF market consists mainly of collectors.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8

Postby necr0blivion » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Tidalwavex wrote:i'm still baffled why hasbro never sold these in america.

Probably because it's a different line than what is currently selling. And not in scale with the Human Alliance figures.

I'd like to see an Alternators Renaissance in the near future with new molds/car models being licensed.

I'm very disappointed in the Alternity line. Only 4 unique molds, yet Takara managed to milk this line dry. Was originally excited when I heard of plans for new characters such as Goldbug, but simple repaints just aren't tempting me when I've already got at least 2 different repaints of each (except Megatron of which I own none).
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON